The holiday season is a perfect time to craft with friends, kids, or to explore creative ideas independently. Last weekend one of our own Paper Source family members hosted an annual Mother-Daughter Holiday Crafting Tea at her home. With treats upstairs and creativity downstairs, the setting was ripe to organize a knock-your-socks-off craft that would be simple and fun for kids of a range of ages, yet interesting and sophisticated enough for parents. She also really wanted the final presentation of the craft to have that “wow” factor!
- Kraft Cones-small and large sizes
- Medium Zots
- Pre-cut strips (3/4” wide x5” long) of a selection of our beautiful Fine Papers
- 5/8” Gold Woven Wire Edge Ribbon atop to finish it off
- Create tear-shaped loops from the strips of paper by bringing their ends together.
- Leave a bit of an edge on each loop to catch the double-sided sticky Zot at both ends of the paper strip.
- Layer the paper loops in various patterns, affixing them to the Kraft Cone form.
There are endless ways to get playful with creating different looks- more traditional or whimsical-depending on your choice of paper selection and size, patterned assembly, color choices, paper loop size, etc.
These trees look stunning in multiples of the same or varying heights! Group them on your mantel, feature them as holiday table décor, give it as a gift…this craft is sure to impress all! But not only that, a Holiday “Crafternoon” Tea is a wonderful new tradition to start that brings kids and parents together in a cozy, creative way!
Happy Holidays! Happy Paper Crafting!
Leah, Linda and Sally