How To Make an Envelope Accordion Book
This easy to make accordion book is a personalized way to organize all of your small odds and ends. Each envelope page can hold something different such as- "to do" lists, stamps, tickets, coupons, and business cards.
Also a fun craft idea for a gift - fill with photos, tickets, and other keepsakes and share with a special friend.
Chartreuse A2 Envelopes
- Choose your envelopes. You will need an odd number, anywhere from five to nine. We have used A2 envelopes here but, almost any size side-opening envelope will work.
- Using a glue stick, adhere the envelopes together by placing adhesive on the inside of the flap of one envelope and using a bone folder, burnish it to the front of the next envelope.
- Fold the pages accordion style, making the pointed flap of the first envelope the cover of your book.
- Add a ribbon closure. Cut a small opening the width of the ribbon on both sides of the last envelope and run the ribbon through.
- Using labels and colored gel pens indicate the contents of each envelope "page". Fill with all your odds and ends, fold up, and tie the ribbon closure to keep everything safely tucked inside.
See our How-to Video to learn about a similar accordion project.