How To Make a Hippo Sticker Card
This playful hippo card makes a great kids card or turn it into a kids birthday party invitation. This card making idea features one of our favorite card making techniques of using stickers. Circle stickers give you perfect circle shapes in all kinds of colors - no cutting or gluing required.
Lake 5" Circle Stickers
Bluebell 5" Circle Sticker
Lake 1 1/4" Circle Stickers
Superfine Soft White 1 1/4" Circle Stickers
Black Cover Weight Paper
Blossom Cover Weight Paper
5 1/2" Square Folded Card
1/2" Hole Punch
- Use a 1/2" hole punch to punch out 4 blossom circles and 2 black circles from cover weight paper.
- For the eyes, glue 1 black circle onto a superfine soft white 1 1/4" circle sticker. Repeat and set aside.
- For the ears, glue 1 blossom circle close to the outer edge of a lake 1 1/4" circle sticker. Repeat and set aside.
- For the head, fold all lake and bluebell 5" circle stickers in half. Peel and adhere one half of a lake sticker to one half of the bluebell sticker. Adhere the other half of the bluebell sticker to the second lake sticker. The bluebell sticker forms the mouth.
- Taking the 5 3/4" square card, peel and adhere the two ears about 1/8" from the top of the card, approximately 1" apart. Make sure the edge with the blossom circles are closest to the top of the card.
- Adhere the head on top of the ears, centered horizontally on the card.
- Adhere the 2 eyes 1/8" apart on the top half of the top lake 5" circle sticker.
- Glue 2 blossom circles on the top "lip" of the mouth to form the nose.
- Write your greeting inside and mail in a 5 3/4" envelope!
Our How-to Video demonstrates how to make sticker cards - great whether you're using our card kits or making your own cards!