Stay cheery and bright this spring with DIY home decor!
Things You’ll Need:
- Flower Punch and Leaf Punch
- Watercolor Set
- Paint brush or Aqua Brush
- Luxe White Paper
- Bone Folder
- Hole punch
- Foam Squares
1. Cut a pennant shape out of the Luxe White Card stock. This is easy to do by trimming the bottom corners of your 8.5 x 11 paper. Use hole punch to create an opening for your ribbon in each upper corner. Set aside.
2. Using your watercolors and aqua brush, paint one sheet of paper in the colors of your leaves and let dry. Repeat using the color way of you choice for flowers. Set aside to let dry.
Once your watercolor pieces dry, use the leaf punch and flower punch to cut out enough pieces to decorate your pennant. You can also hand cut shapes to create different types of botanical leaves or flowers. Use a bone folder to curl the ends of the leaves or flower petals for extra dimension. Layer several flower pieces together to create blooming flowers.
3. Use a pen, marker or paint brush to create a hand-lettered message on the center of your pennant. If desired, add a boarder to your pennant with a pen.
Arrange your leaves and flowers on your pennant surrounding your message. Then adhere with glue and foam squares. Foam square help layer your pieces and add dimension.
4. Once your pennant is dry and all the pieces are attached, but a ribbon to your desired length and thread through the holes at the top. You are ready to proudly hang you newest DIY home decor creation!
This pennant can be used for many occasions including baby showers, weddings and more. Just mix it up by adding your own message or critter like we did with this spring time bunny!