What adventures do you have planned in the coming months? Make a folio complete with journal, postcards and keepsake pockets to capture and share the highlights of summer. This is a great project for all ages but is especially great for kids going off to camp or summer vacation.
5 A7 Envelopes
Printable Postcard Template & cardstock to print it on
Cardstock Paper (1 sheet cut to 5 ¼” x 7 ¼”)
White Text Paper (6 sheets measuring 5 ½” x 7 ¾”)
Paper Bag Text Paper (1 sheet measuring 5 ½” x 7 ¾”)
Adhesive (tape runner or glue)
Make a Keepsake Folio
1. Open the flap of an A7 envelope and fold it backwards. Repeat this step on 3 more envelopes.
2. Moisten the flap of one of the envelopes. Slide it inside another envelope (adhesive facing the back of the inside as shown) until the edges align. Press to seal.
3. Continue to add envelopes this way until you’ve attached 4 envelopes in total.
4. Next, take a fifth envelope and fold its flap inwards. (this is going to be your back cover)
5. Take the one loose flap from your stack of glued envelopes, moisten the adhesive and slide it into this last envelope. Press to seal.
7. Cut a piece of cardstock to 5 1/4“ x 7 1/4” and decorate it for your front cover. Use a tape runner or glue to add adhesive to the back side of the decorated cover. Attach the cover to the first envelope, covering the exposed pocket.
- Print the postcard template on 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock and cut along the lines.
- Decorate four postcards with stickers, stamps, punches, pens, etc.
- Slide your postcards into the pockets of your folio for safekeeping!
Create Your Own Journal
1. Fold 6 white sheets in half and 1 Paper Bag sheet in half (to a finished size of 3 7/8” x 5 1/2“). Nest them together with the Paper Bag paper on the outside.
2. Bind papers together with 2 staples along the fold.
3. Decorate the front however you like using your favorite crafting materials. Tuck your journal into one of your folio pockets.
Rebecca is our in-house crafting expert who has been dreaming up fun crafts at Paper Source for the past 5 years! As Director of Workshops, she is constantly reimagining DIY elements into new ideas and classes just for you. Check out our latest workshops for more DIY opportunities!