Here is a fun, easy way to do a 3-D homemade Father’s day card (this technique is great for a kid’s or baby’s room too). Start with our nifty 3-D craft letters, colored paper and some large photos printed on superfine white text weight paper. Our superfine paper works great with inkjet printers, and the matte finish makes it easier to glue than glossy finished papers.
1. To cover the front of each letter, trace along the outside and inside edges of the craft letters on colored paper (here I used sage). Our solid 12×12 paper works great for this (or even choose a decorative paper). Use a pencil so you can erase the lines.
2. Cut inside the lines with a nice scissors for a smooth cut, and erase any stray pencil marks.
3. Using a glue stick, adhere paper cutouts onto the front of each letter.
4. Once you’ve chosen and printed your photos (make sure each is large enough to back one of the craft letters), trace around the outside of the letter only.
5. Cut out each photo and adhere to the backside of one of the letters with a glue stick, so that the photos peek through the letters.
Voila– perfect photo memories to share with the world’s best Dad!
PS colors: chartreuse & pool
Latest fave: Saddle Stitch Notebooks