Created by one of our assistant store managers, these make great kid’s party favor boxes — or a rainy day project for kids to make themselves. Come by your local Paper Source store to see this favor box created in person!
Chocolate Pocketbook Favor Boxes
Chocolate Oval Scallop Cards
Cover Weight Paper in Eco-white and Strawberry
Brads in Chocolate, Pool and Silver
Scallop Paper Punch
1/8″ Round Hole Punch
1. Fold and assemble favor box according to instructions in package.
Ears & tail
2. Cut one scallop circle card in half lengthwise and fold each down to create two ears.
3. Cut a half moon or u-shape out of another scallop circle card to create tail, folding end about 3/4″ to create an anchor.
4. Using 1/8″ hole punch, punch holes in the ends of each ear and tail and punch corresponding holes in back of pocketbook favor box.
5. Fasten ears and tail to back of favor box with chocolate brads and secure with glue stick.
6. Using Scallop Paper Punch and Eco-white Cover Weight Paper, cut out two punches for white part of puppy’s eyes.
7. Using 1/8″ hole punch, punch holes in the scallop cutouts and corresponding holes in front flap of favor box for eyes.
8. Fasten white part of eyes to front flap of favor box with pool brads and secure with glue stick.
Nose & tongue
9. Using scissors and Strawberry Cover Weight Paper, cut out a long strip with a rounded end for the puppy’s tongue. Draw tongue shape on cutout for added effect.
10. Using 1/8″ hole punch, punch hole in top of tongue and corresponding hole in front flap of favor box. Fasten tongue to backside of front flap of favor box with silver brad and secure with glue stick, creating nose.
PS colors: eco-white & pool
Latest fave: 12″ Guillotine Trimmer — great for cutting large sheets of paper!