Adding an initial to gift tags, wrapping paper and cards is a great way to personalize a gift. These monogram gift tags can be made from any kind of paper, whether solid color paper, decorative paper, even an old postcard or last year’s holiday cards!
We’ve shown gift tags where the letter is added to a backing, but you can also use the letters by themselves. If you plan to attach your letter to another card, we recommend using text weight paper for the letter cut out. If you plan to use the letter on its own without a backing, use cover weight paper so it holds its shape. The letters from the PDF Letter Template provided fit best onto a circle card or 4 bar card.
Other ways to use letters for fun gift wrapping:
• Give “John” a gift wrapped in “J” wrapping paper for a truly personalized presentation! Make monogram wrapping paper by tracing a letter in a repeating pattern onto a large sheet of paper.
• Create monogram ornaments for everyone in your family by cutting letters out of cover weight paper. Punch a hole in the top of each letter, add a coordinating ribbon, and hang from your holiday tree.
PS colors: gravel & beet
Latest fave: Tree Trunk Tea Light and Japanese 8 1/4″ Scissors
1. Cut out your letters one of three ways:
• Print out the PDF Letter Template, lightly tape the printout to your paper, and cut out the letters you need.
• Print out the PDF Letter Template, cut out the letters you need from the PDF Letter Template. Use the letters you cut to trace the shapes onto your paper, then cut out from your paper.
• Print the PDF Letter Template directly onto 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper. Cut out the letters you need.
2. Adhere the letter cut outs to any card shape with tape or glue stick, or use the letters on their own.