The Evolution Embosser from Lifestyle Crafts has us inspired. This universal craft tool lets you die cut, emboss, and letterpress all with one lightweight and portable tool. From wedding favors and invitations to handmade cards and paper accents, here are just a few ways you can personalize your paper crafts with this incredible tool.
Two embossing folders come packaged with the Evolution. These translucent folders can be used with 12×12 scrapbook paper, card stock or even paper bags. The sample above uses the “tide” embossing folder and soufflé pen accenting.
These pillow boxes are transformed with the Evolution tool. Create a one-of-kind gift box by embossing and embellishing.
Did you know? The Evolution is compatible with leading cutting dies and embossing folders, including Lifestyle Crafts, QuicKutz, and Sizzix accessories.
We’re often asked how it compares to other tools on the market…
• How does it compare to the Cricut?… or the Portrait?
- The Evolution is not an electronic cutter, instead shapes are manually cut using metal dies that are placed on a platform and run through the machine. The Cricut and Portraits are great for digital cutting projects, but they cannot emboss.
• How does it compare to the Fuse?
- The Fuse adds inks to the pattern, cuts a shape, and presses a textured pattern all in one pass. It is also three times the price of the Evolution machine.
• How does it compare to the Vandercook?
- Well, the Vandercook is a professional’s tool. While the Evolution has the ability to letterpress paper in a home setting, it does not replace a professional letterpress machine, like the Vadndercook. The Evolution provides access to letterpress techniques for the everyday crafter. It is important to note that the kit we are selling does not include components for the crafter to begin letterpressing at home right away – inks and plates are needed for letterpress projects. The Evolution kit does include tools to begin embossing and die cutting right away.
Already own the Evolution? Tell us what are you making. Share some of your samples with us and help inspire a community of crafters!