Around this time of year we scramble to find a Halloween costume that’s cute, trendy and just simple. While loving Halloween is easy, trying to find the right costume while not going all out is hard! This DIY is adorable and will make you feel like a snapchat filter Goddess. Follow the instructions below to create your own Snapchat Butterfly Filter Headband.
Here are the materials you’ll need for this DIY:
- 8.5″ x 11″ Paper in Sunshine
- Craft Glue Stick
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
- Tape Runner XL
Step by step:
- Cut your paper into different sized squares. We used one 6” square, three 4” squares and five 3” squares to make a total of 10 butterflies.
- Use these origami instructions to fold the paper into butterflies. If you’d prefer the butterfly wings to be curved, use scissors to cut curved edges after step 4.If the butterfly doesn’t keep form, use the Tape Runner XL to secure the tab in place.
- When all of your butterflies have been made, dab the edge of the butterfly wings with the glue stick and apply gold glitter using a paint brush. We used the fine gold and rose gold glitter and mixed them before applying. Embellish to your liking.
- Let them dry for 30 minutes.
- On a flat surface, scatter the butterflies to give yourself a template to work with.
- Once you’re happy with the positioning of each butterfly, use the hot glue gun to glue the butterflies onto a headband. Hold in place for 20 seconds to dry. Repeat for each butterfly until you’ve reached a desired fullness.
Finally, snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @papersource! #NoFilterNeeded, literally!
– Maham Khan
2016 Fall Web Intern