DIY Moments: Vol. 16 No. 7
Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year – who could disagree when there’s costumes, candy, and spooky crafts to do?! Combine all three of those things and throw a party this season, topped off with some cute DIY hats that will have your party guests going batty. Get the details below!
Here are the materials you’ll need for this DIY:
- Gauze Black on Cream Fine Paper
- Craft Glue Stick
- Spooktacular Bat Garland Kit
- Super Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Yarn Pom Poms in Red
- Tissue Paper in Chartreuse
- 1/8 Hole Punch
Step by step:
- Trace this party hat template onto a fine paper of your choice, we used the Gauze Black on Cream as the base of our hat.
- Use a 1/8″ hole punch to punch two holes in the base as shown in the template.
- Loop a piece of twine through each of the holes.
- Cut the fine paper and adhere super tape to the tab.
- Roll the fine paper into a cone shape and adhere the tab to the opposite edge.
- Assemble 2 bats from the Spooktakular Bat Garland Kit.
- Coat the bat wings with the craft glue stick and black glitter.
- Using a strong adhesive, like super tape or a hot glue gun, mount the bats onto the hat
- To hide the holes, crinkle and fluff 5-6 strips of tissue paper and glue them around the base of the hat.
- Adhere a bright colored pom pom to the top of the hat using a hot glue gun.
Finally, snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @papersource!
– Maham Khan
2016 Fall Web Intern