DIY Moments: Vol. 16 No. 9
We can’t believe that the holiday season is right around the corner and with that, comes great responsibility. Between making mall runs to find meaningful presents and contemplating the perfect stocking stuffers, take some time out! Unwind with this adorable North Pole Penguin Card DIY and give yourself a moment to enjoy the magic of the holidays.
What You’ll Need:
- Note Card
- Penguin Rubber Stamp
- Black Embossing Powder
- Holiday Printed Washi Tape
- Paper Straw
- Round Falala Sticker
- Evolution Crafting Tool
- Mint Paper
- VersaMark Watermark Inkpad
- Santa Hat Sticker
- Memory Tape Runner
- Super Tacky Tape 1/4″
Step by step:
- Emboss a piece of mint paper using the Evolution Machine to create a 3D effect that looks like an iceberg. If you don’t have an Evolution Machine, fold a 2” X 3” strip of the mint paper in half horizontally, and in half again until it is folded into a 1” square. Then, fold diagonally. This will create a beautiful triangle shaped texture for your iceberg.
- Once you open up the folded or embossed mint paper, cut a curved edge on the left side of the paper to shape it into a little iceberg shape.
- Adhere the edges of the iceberg using a tape runner and place it in the bottom right corner of the note card.
- Next, stamp the penguin stamp in the VersaMark Inkpad just above the ice float.
- Coat with the black embossing powder and remove access powder. We use the No Spill Tray Mate for a quick cleanup
- Emboss using the Embossing Heat Tool.
- Add some flair to the penguin with a Santa Hat Sticker.
- Cut a paper straw to about 3” long and wrap a piece of holiday printed washi tape to the top of the straw. Cut a triangular slit on the edge of the washi tape to create a flag
- Adhere the straw to the card with super tacky tape and attach to the card with foam squares for a 3D affect.
- Write a hand written note, place into the fuchsia envelope and seal with a falala sticker!
Download and print this guide to take to your local Paper Source for easy shopping and crafting!
We hope your DIYs are falala-fleekin’ this season! Share some of your favorite DIY moments with us on Instagram, tag us at @papersource!
– Maham Khan
2016 Fall Web Intern