Almost our entire collection of paper and envelopes is made with recycled content (at least 30% postconsumer waste). View our Assortment Chart for details of the recycled and environmental information by color.
All items in our paper and envelope line are:
- PH Neutral
- Acid Free
- Archival Quality (not museum archival quality)
Paper Weight by Item
Items made from text weight paper:
Items made from cover weight paper:
Paper Weight by Color
- Paper Source Collection Colors: 80# text, 80# cover
- Savoy Cotton: 80# text, 92# cover
- Shimmer Silver: 80# text, 98# cover
- Shimmer Gold/Shimmer Chocolate: 80# text, 107# cover
- Stardream: 81# text, 105# cover
- Luxe: 85# (160gms) text, 60# (210gms) cover
View our Paper and Envelope Size Chart for a complete listing of the items and their dimensions in our line.
All items in our paper and envelopes line have a smooth finish, with the exception of the color Aubergine and our Luxe collection.
Below are general guidelines for the kind of printer to use by paper type, however printers and printing environments vary and we always recommend test printing to ensure the best results. See more print help information.
- Paper Source Collection Colors: compatible with both inkjet (recommended) and laser printers
- Shimmer/Stardream: compatible with laser printers
- Luxe/Savoy: because of its textured surface, an inkjet printer is recommended
How We Choose Colors
We continue to look for new colors to add to our line with the goal of bringing in fresh color choices that coordinate well with our existing palette. Recommendations for new colors often come from our customers either in our stores or via the web. Some of our most recent colors were chosen by our Facebook fans from a poll where fans were given the option to vote for the next Paper Source color, which led to the introduction of Slate and Aubergine.
For a little fun with our color palette, view our Colorscope and find out what your favorite Paper Source colors say about your personality!
Specific Color Details
Savoy is made from 100% pure cotton. Our Savoy cover weight note cards are heavier weight (92#) making them luxurious and great for letterpress projects.
Our Luxe papers are made from 20% cotton and 80% wood-free primary pulp from responsible sources. The surface has a textured vellum finish. These papers have excellent stiffness, folding rigidity, and good light-fastness. They are completely recyclable and bio-degradable.