Paper Covered Lampshade
- Decorative Paper
- Lampshade Form
- Super Tacky Tape
The easiest way to create a paper covered lampshade is to use an existing white lampshade form. This is also helpful because an existing form already has a flame resistant coating. The instructions below can be applied to a round, conical or square lampshade form.
- Lay your decorative paper face down on a large working surface.
- Place your lampshade form on its side on top of the paper, so that one edge of the shade is flush to the paper surface.
- Apply Super Tacky Tape to one edge of your decorative paper.
- Select the part of the lampshade that you wish to be the “seam” and adhere the Super Tacky Taped decorative paper edge directly to the lampshade to create the seam.
- Wrap the decorative paper all the way around the shade until the other end of the decorative paper meets the seam. Please note: If the lampshade is smaller than one sheet of paper, you will need to trim the paper. Larger lampshades may require 2 pieces of paper and therefore 2 seams.
- Apply Super Tacky tape to adhere the edge of the decorative paper to the seam.
- Trim excess paper all around the lampshade at the top and bottom, leaving about a ½” of paper to wrap around the top and bottom of shade.
- Apply Super Tacky Tape to the 1/2″ excess trim at the top and bottom of shade.
- Wrap the excess trim around the lampshade form.