Nothing makes a sweeter statement atop a gift than a perfectly tied bow. And with endless pattern and color combinations, it’s the perfect skill to master for any season. Follow our guide for all of the pro-bow tying tips you’ll ever need.
DIY Festive Friendsgiving Table
Friendsgiving is a time to celebrate the bounty of the harvest season without the stress that often comes along with extended family gatherings. The menu is easy enough: The host provides a turkey or vegetarian main, and the guests bring along sides, potluck-style. Getting the table ready doesn’t need to be a headache, either. With some beautiful pieces of fine paper, a touch of inspiration, and a dash of creativity, you can transform an everyday table into a feast-worthy masterpiece.
Follow our guide to craft centerpieces, name cards, and table runners that strike just the right balance of casual and elegant — just like your Friendsgiving feast.
Things You’ll Need:
- Brown Paper Wrap
- Honeycomb Turkey Placecards
- Fall Paper Leaves
- Turkey Mask Kit
- Gold Flatware
- Give Thanks Stamp
- ColorBox Inkpad
- Kraft Treat Box
- Paper Bag Card Stock
- Papaya Card Stock
- Coral Card Stock
- White Chalk Ink Marker
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Tissue Paper
- Tape Runner
Table Runner: Make a sweet statement with a simple paper table runner. It’ll make your dishes pop, and mean one less load of laundry at the end of the night!
- Measure your table lengthwise, allowing an extra three-feet for each side.
- Using sturdy paper bag wrapping paper, lay the paper out on the table and make sure it is centered, width-wise.
- Using your hands, make a crease on the paper and mark where the table ends.
- Hand-letter your table message with chalk ink markers, centering it between the creases and the ends of the paper.
Centerpiece: With a table full of dishes and glasses, and plenty of lively conversations, you don’t need an over-the-top Friendsgiving centerpiece. A few decorated pumpkins add a dose of whimsy to the tablescape without taking up too much space.
- Choose a medium-sized pumpkin.
- Use paints in your choice of colors, autumnal-themed paper leaves, and other natural elements, like greens, berries, and pinecones, to decorate and embellish the pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkin in the center of the table, and arrange greens and paper leaves around the pumpkins.
Name Cards: Even though Friendsgiving isn’t formal, guests will appreciate having assigned seats to avoid confusion before the feast. Keep it light hearted with turkey-themed name cards that won’t take up too much space at each place setting.
- Create name cards using our honeycomb turkey place cards and pens. Simply unfold the honeycomb turkey and write each guest’s name on each individual card.
- Place a name card in the center of the dish for each place setting.
Utensil Holders: Keep cutlery organized on the tabletop with a handmade utensil holder. A sleek paper sleeve will tidy up forks, knives, spoons, and napkins.
- Using your choice of fine paper, measure out two or three inch paper strips. They should be long enough to easily wrap around a folded napkin. Optional: Cut a slightly larger band of colored paper and place it below the first for a layered effect.
- Choose a stamp and ink to personalize the band.
- Wrap each band around a bundle of cutlery atop a napkin, and afix the band in the back with a small strip of tape using a tape runner.
- Place each package to the side of each guest’s place setting.
Treat Boxes and Festive Masks: Cute, creative gifts make special mementos for your Friendsgiving guests to remember a night of gratitude and great food.
- Fill treat boxes with tissue paper and nestle a few tempting candies, like salted caramel chocolates, into the paper.
- Using our Turkey Mask Kit, craft a mask for every guest, and hang them over the back of each chair where they’ll be ready to grab for a photo opp.
These small, personal touches will make your table shine so that you and your friends can focus on enjoying the company and feasting on every delicious dish.
‘Tis the season for holiday cards – display them with a beautiful wall hanging. This lovely DIY uses just a few materials and is quick and easy to make. Follow these steps to create a display worthy of showing off cards from friends and family!
On Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th Paper Source will be hosting a Halloween Trick-or-Treat Party at all store locations! Our delightfully frightful celebration will include spectacular party activities to get you in the Halloween spirit. Check out the full list of activities below and be sure not to forget your costume!
Add Paper Source to your trick-or-treat route this year because we are welcoming all the kiddos in their favorite costumes to stop in for a sweet treat! Our store team members will also be dressed in their creative costumes and ready to greet you. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered for the ultimate candy haul this year with our spooky Bat Bag and friendly Feline Tote!
Halloween Crafting to DIY for!
Stop by our crafting table and learn new DIY tricks for making Halloween cards that are a sure treat. Friendly faces, glitter, and washi tape make these cards delightfully frightful! We also have easy paper crafting kits, like our Super Cool Ghouls or Halloween Friends, that can be purchased to keep the DIY fun going at home.
Each store is creating a pop-up photo booth in store with festive Halloween décor and playful photo props. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your costume and your newly crafted DIY cards! Get the gang together to capture the fun on Instagram. Follow us @papersource and share your photo using #papersource.
Delightfully Frightful Product Demos
Have you ever seen a color changing cat, melting witch or glowing eyes? We’ve got them all! Come visit us and get a first-hand look at all the newest Halloween gifts. You may even find that our favorite llama has us under a spell with the cuteness of their costume!
Get to counting! Enter to win your store’s raffle prize by accurately guessing the number of candy corns in a jar. The person who guesses correctly wins a free workshop seat to our upcoming holiday crafting workshops! Each store will have one winner and the winner will be announced on October 31st. In a sugary sea of orange, yellow and white, will you be able to make the best guess?
Find your local store for more information. See you there!
When you see the first pumpkin at the market, it’s a telltale sign that autumn has arrived. And while we all love their cheerful color and festive fall appearance, carving them can be a rather messy endeavor. For a less messy and more kid-friendly approach, try adorning your pumpkin with paper embellishments instead. Use our easy-to-follow guide for decorating pumpkins without ever having to touch a carving knife.
Your phone is full of adorable photos — vacations, special occasions, and everyday moments that make you smile. But how often do you really look at them? Creating a memory book makes these photos easier to enjoy and look back on. Follow our simple guide to craft a story you can share with the people you love most for years to come.
Long, picnic-filled days in sundresses and flip flops are finally here to stay. That’s right: summer has officially arrived. Capture the essence of the season with a DIY card making project.
No birthday party is complete without a well-stocked goodie bag. The only thing that could make your parting gifts more festive for friends and family? Making them yourself. With a simple lineup of supplies in your craft room, you can make custom gift bags to match any occasion. Use the below guide to add a personal (and pretty) touch to your next soiree.