This May we are celebrating Cinco De Mayo and marking it our official moment to kick off the summer! Here are our must-haves for the ultimate fiesta.
We have the inside scoop on the fresh, arrivals of gifts and more. Learn more about what the Paper Source buying team is currently loving and why they were so excited to add it to our collection.
DIY Festive Friendsgiving Table
Friendsgiving is a time to celebrate the bounty of the harvest season without the stress that often comes along with extended family gatherings. The menu is easy enough: The host provides a turkey or vegetarian main, and the guests bring along sides, potluck-style. Getting the table ready doesn’t need to be a headache, either. With some beautiful pieces of fine paper, a touch of inspiration, and a dash of creativity, you can transform an everyday table into a feast-worthy masterpiece.
Follow our guide to craft centerpieces, name cards, and table runners that strike just the right balance of casual and elegant — just like your Friendsgiving feast.
Things You’ll Need:
- Brown Paper Wrap
- Honeycomb Turkey Placecards
- Fall Paper Leaves
- Turkey Mask Kit
- Gold Flatware
- Give Thanks Stamp
- ColorBox Inkpad
- Kraft Treat Box
- Paper Bag Card Stock
- Papaya Card Stock
- Coral Card Stock
- White Chalk Ink Marker
- Acrylic Craft Paint
- Tissue Paper
- Tape Runner
Table Runner: Make a sweet statement with a simple paper table runner. It’ll make your dishes pop, and mean one less load of laundry at the end of the night!
- Measure your table lengthwise, allowing an extra three-feet for each side.
- Using sturdy paper bag wrapping paper, lay the paper out on the table and make sure it is centered, width-wise.
- Using your hands, make a crease on the paper and mark where the table ends.
- Hand-letter your table message with chalk ink markers, centering it between the creases and the ends of the paper.
Centerpiece: With a table full of dishes and glasses, and plenty of lively conversations, you don’t need an over-the-top Friendsgiving centerpiece. A few decorated pumpkins add a dose of whimsy to the tablescape without taking up too much space.
- Choose a medium-sized pumpkin.
- Use paints in your choice of colors, autumnal-themed paper leaves, and other natural elements, like greens, berries, and pinecones, to decorate and embellish the pumpkin.
- Place the pumpkin in the center of the table, and arrange greens and paper leaves around the pumpkins.
Name Cards: Even though Friendsgiving isn’t formal, guests will appreciate having assigned seats to avoid confusion before the feast. Keep it light hearted with turkey-themed name cards that won’t take up too much space at each place setting.
- Create name cards using our honeycomb turkey place cards and pens. Simply unfold the honeycomb turkey and write each guest’s name on each individual card.
- Place a name card in the center of the dish for each place setting.
Utensil Holders: Keep cutlery organized on the tabletop with a handmade utensil holder. A sleek paper sleeve will tidy up forks, knives, spoons, and napkins.
- Using your choice of fine paper, measure out two or three inch paper strips. They should be long enough to easily wrap around a folded napkin. Optional: Cut a slightly larger band of colored paper and place it below the first for a layered effect.
- Choose a stamp and ink to personalize the band.
- Wrap each band around a bundle of cutlery atop a napkin, and afix the band in the back with a small strip of tape using a tape runner.
- Place each package to the side of each guest’s place setting.
Treat Boxes and Festive Masks: Cute, creative gifts make special mementos for your Friendsgiving guests to remember a night of gratitude and great food.
- Fill treat boxes with tissue paper and nestle a few tempting candies, like salted caramel chocolates, into the paper.
- Using our Turkey Mask Kit, craft a mask for every guest, and hang them over the back of each chair where they’ll be ready to grab for a photo opp.
These small, personal touches will make your table shine so that you and your friends can focus on enjoying the company and feasting on every delicious dish.
No birthday party is complete without a well-stocked goodie bag. The only thing that could make your parting gifts more festive for friends and family? Making them yourself. With a simple lineup of supplies in your craft room, you can make custom gift bags to match any occasion. Use the below guide to add a personal (and pretty) touch to your next soiree.
With the Royal Wedding almost upon us, we’re dusting off our fascinators (or making paper ones at our new Mini Workshop) and starting the kettle to celebrate the newest Royal Couple from across the pond. Of course, we have to celebrate Meghan Markel and Prince Harry’s wedding in true Paper Source fashion, though, with a Royal Wedding Watch party fit for nobility.
With 6 more weeks of winter on the horizon (thanks Punxsutawney Phil), we’re looking for any excuse to bust out our chinaware and brunch. Seeing as Valentine’s Day is nearing closer and closer, we tapped our friends from Girl Meets Party to plan the ultimate Galentine’s Brunch, full of handmade touches and female friendship. Here’s Jen from Girl Meets Party!
Is there a better holiday than Friendsgiving? Friends, food, and let’s face it, a drink or two make this unofficial holiday one that we most look forward to every year. In honor of this festive holiday, we partnered up with Pinch Provisions to bring you some Friendsgiving survival tips! We will also be having a special Friendsgiving Survival Kit giveaway via the Paper Source Instagram account where one winner will receive some Paper Source goodies and a Pinch Provisions Friendsgiving survival kit! Check out these tips from the company that is known for making celebrations and everyday life a little easier.