Paper Mache Bowls
- Use circle punches to punch 20-30 circles of a decorative paper.
- Blow up balloons, but keep slightly under-inflated so they are soft.
- On a piece of scrap paper, brush both sides of the punched circles with Methyl Cellulose.
- Layer and overlap the circles on the balloon, beginning in the center of the balloon and working outward until just about half way over the sides of the balloon.
- Once the circles are applied to the balloon, add one additional coat of Methyl Cellulose on top of the layers to seal the entire bowl.
- Place balloon in a cup, bowl or container to keep it standing up, and allow to dry 24 hours.
- Once the bowl is dry, flip the balloon over and grab it by the knot. Pierce a tiny hole with a pin and allow the balloon to leak the air slowly rather than popping the balloon.
- Gently pull the balloon away from the sides of the bowl edges. Remove any extra dried Methyl Cellulose film along the edges with your fingers.