How To Make a Birthday Banner
A festive banner is the perfect decoration for birthday parties, showers, anniversaries, receptions, welcome homes, graduations and much more! Printable labels make lettering a breeze, but you can also hand write your phrase (we recommend practicing on a plain sheet of paper first to get your lettering right).
Once you decide on the phrase for your banner – “Just Married”, “Happy Birthday”, “Welcome Home” – follow the steps below to make this easy party decoration.
- Download the print template for our printer-friendly Oval Labels.
- You will use the print template to print one letter per oval label. Enter your phrase into the print template, one letter in each label spot (10 letters per page).
- In Microsoft Word, change the orientation of the letters so they are formatted vertically (they will print side-ways)
- Highlight the individual letters in the print template.
- Go to the drop down menu “FORMAT”.
- Choose option “TEXT DIRECTION”, then select vertical orientation.
- Print your labels.
- Remove each label from the sheet and stick to the center of oval scallop cards.
- With 1/8″ hole punch make two holes side by side at the top center of each oval scallop card.
- Thread 1/4″ ribbon through the punched holes and space letters accordingly.
- Hang banner where desired. Celebrate!