They say the best gifts come in small packages, but we believe the best gifts come in beautifully wrapped packages! After all, if the giver has taken the time and care to wrap to perfection, what’s inside is bound to delight.
This holiday season, take a few extra moments to wrap your gifts with a whimsical touch. We’ll teach you a few techniques (from perfectly measured paper to folding clean corners, to picking and tying the perfect ribbon) so that you can wow your friends and family.
What You’ll Need:
- Wrapping paper of your choice. (We love Christmas Tree Farm Stone Paper!)
- Ribbon of your choice. (Our seasonal favorite is Candy Cane Stripe!)
- Car with Tree Ornament
- Double Sided Tape
1. First, gather all of your wrapping supplies and organize them on a large, flat surface.
2. Measure your paper by rolling it out with the design side facing down. The paper should be wide enough to overlap slightly when wrapped around the box.
3. Place the box or item in the center of the paper, upside down, so that the seams of the paper will end up on the bottom of the package.
4. Bring the paper up one side and over the top of the box to the opposite edge. Then estimate how much additional paper you will need to cover the side of the box that’s not yet covered.
5. Cut the paper using sharp scissors.
6. Re-center the box on the paper. Bring one side of the paper up the side and halfway across the top, adhering the paper to the box with double-sided tape.
7. Fold over the last half inch of the other side of the paper, using your fingers to create a tight crease. Bring this side up to overlap with the first side and adhere with double-sided tape. This will create a clean seam.
8. Begin to fold the paper on each side of the present. Start by folding in the short sides. Sharply crease the diagonal edges forming the top and bottom flaps. Fold-down the top flap. Fold the bottom flap to create a clean seam. Secure with double-sided tape. Repeat on the opposite end of the box.
9. Once the box is wrapped, embellish the top with your choice of bow, ornament, or decoration. First, lay out your options on the box, and play with clustering bows, ribbons, or pom-poms (try both centered and off-centered). Don’t tape them down until you’re certain you’ve found the perfect color and/or combination of decorations.
10. Then, using double-sided tape, affix the embellishments to the top of the gift and add a gift tag.
11. Once your gift is ready to go, attach a personalized holiday card and place it under the tree.