Mother’s Day is coming up and instead of just giving her a card, give her a card in a beautiful frame she can display and be reminded of your relationship. A card that doubles as artwork shows extra thought and how much you care. If you need some inspiration or need some instruction we have you covered. Find a card you love in our curated Mother’s Day collection. We have three easy and beautiful designs you can make for a special gift. Check it out down below.
This display allows you to add your own touch to an already beautiful card. With just a few touches you will amplify the sentiment of the card you chose just for her.
- Start with a piece of 8” x 10”* cardstock in a coordinating color to the card you chose.
- Center the Floral Frame Letterpress Mother’s Day card on the card stock and trace it lightly with a pencil.
- Remove the card and use stamps to create a nice design around the pencil border. Here is the flower stamp used in the example, you can use a stamp you already have or another flower one you like. You can coordinate the colors of the border to the card.
- Mount the card to the cardstock with foam squares for some extra dimension.
- Frame it!
Have fun with this art. Watercolor is a great way to get creative and it will look beautiful. Perfect for all ages.
- Start with a piece of 8” x 10” cardstock (heavy paper like Luxe or Savoy recommended)
- Paint a watercolor pattern onto the cardstock. You can create an abstract border or paint a scene.
- Let the watercolor dry.
- Mount the Mama Bear Mother’s Day card to the cardstock with foam squares.
- Frame it!
Quilling, the artform of rolling paper into beautiful designs, will add elegance to a cute card. It is pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it and she will be so impressed with the intricacy the paper scrolls add.
- Start with a piece of 8” x 10” cardstock.
- Center the Seriously Badass Mother’s Day card on the card stock and trace it lightly with a pencil.
- Trim text weight paper in the color of your choice to 1/8” or ¼” strips. You can use this paper trimmer to easily cut your strips of paper.
- Use a quilling tool to create decorative scrolls.
- Using the pencil border as your placement guide, glue the scrolls to the cardstock. (PVA or aqua glue recommended)
- Mount the card to the cardstock with foam squares.
- Frame it!
Check out our full collection of fantastic Mother’s Day cards on our website. Whether you want more sentimental or humorous we have a card she will love.