Mother’s Day is a great time to give a personalized and thoughtful gift. We love this candle customization; it’s easy to do for kids and adults, and is the perfect present for the mom who loves to take a bath (consider gifting with bath oils and a good book), or for cute mantel decor.
- Embossing Heat Tool
- Wax Paper
- Shape Punch
- Tissue Paper
INSTRUCTIONS (for a candle with writing, as seen in middle)
- Use sharpies to draw a design or message on wax paper.
- Cut out your design, cropping it as closely as possible.
- Place the wax paper design on the candle and wrap a bigger piece of wax paper all the way around the candle to hold it in place.
- Heat set the wax paper design with a heat tool for about 30 – 40 seconds, using sweeping motions.
- Remove the outer layer of wax paper.
INSTRUCTIONS (for a candle with tissue paper, as seen on right)
- Punch shapes out of tissue paper with a paper punch (we used the Mini Flower Paper Punch).
- Place your flowers on the surface of the candle one section at a time.
- Wrap a piece of wax paper around the candle to hold the flowers in place.
- Heat set the flowers with a heat tool for a about 30 -40 seconds, using sweeping motions.
- Remove the wax paper and repeat steps 2 – 4 until the whole candle is covered.
- Use a wide pillar candle, it will be easier to handle and provides a larger “canvas” for your work!
- If you can’t decide which technique to use, try them both! Tissue paper would look great with writing on top.
- If you’re looking for a fun way to wrap your candle, cover it in the middle with fine paper, twine and a gift tag (as shown on left).