You can purchase a gift card or e-gift card here. Physical gift cards can also be purchased in Paper Source stores.
Check Your Gift Card Balance
You may check your gift card balance by clicking here.
You may also contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-PAPER-11 (1-888-727-3711).
Gift Card Program Terms & Conditions
Barnes & Noble Gift Card Program Terms and Conditions
Your acceptance, use or purchase of a Barnes & Noble or Paper Source branded Gift Card, eGiftCard, Gift Certificate or other stored value product (collectively, "Gift Cards") indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Except as otherwise provided by law, these Terms and Conditions apply to all Gift Cards, whether purchased at store locations, online, or received from third parties.
- Except as otherwise stated below, Gift Cards can be used at any Barnes & Noble store nationwide and at BN.com. They can also be used at any Paper Source, Bookstar or B. Dalton Bookseller, Barnes & Noble College, location, as well as on www.papersource.com.
- Maintenance, dormancy or service fees do not apply to balances on Gift Cards. Gift Cards have no expiration dates.
- Hold your Gift Cards securely and write down your Gift Card number and PIN in a safe place. We are not responsible for unauthorized Gift Card use. Gift Cards that are lost or stolen will ONLY be replaced, up to the value remaining, with satisfactory proof of purchase AND the Gift Card number. Call 1-800-THE-BOOK in order to have a lost or stolen Gift Card replaced.
- Gift Cards are not redeemable or refundable for cash, except to the extent required by law. Gift Cards may be reloaded with additional funds. The initial load and/or all reloads in any 24 hour period may not exceed $2,000 in the aggregate. No Gift Card may have an active balance greater than $2,000 at any time.
- Gift Cards may be used to purchase annual memberships in the Barnes & Noble Membership program (continuous billing memberships require a valid credit card).
- Gift Cards may be used to purchase NOOK Books and single issues of NOOK Newspapers and NOOK Magazines; however, they cannot be used to pay for subscriptions to NOOK Newspapers or NOOK Magazines. To redeem a Gift Card for a NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Magazine, or single issue NOOK Newspaper, you must first save the Gift Card to your account by visiting the "My Account" page and clicking on the "Manage Gift Cards for eBooks" link. You must also save a default credit card into your account in order to purchase a NOOK Book, NOOK Newspaper, or NOOK Magazine, even if you are redeeming a Gift Card. Once a Gift Card(s) is saved to your account, any available Gift Card balance will be redeemed first when you purchase a NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Newspaper, or single issue NOOK Magazine. If the amount of your Gift Card does not completely cover your NOOK Book, single issue NOOK Newspaper, or single issue NOOK Magazine purchase, your default credit card will be charged for the remaining balance.
- We reserve the right to prohibit the purchase of Gift Cards with other Gift Cards.
- From time to time, you may be awarded with or receive "rewards," "promotional gift cards", "credits", "vouchers", "Groupons" or similar physical or electronic gift cards (collectively, "Promotional Cards"). As a general matter, these Promotional Cards shall have the same terms and conditions as the Gift Cards described here, however, they may be subject to additional restrictions or exemptions as provided on the Promotional Cards themselves or any packaging or other written materials that accompany such Promotional Cards or any applicable law.
- Purchase amounts that exceed the value of the tendered Gift Card will require an additional payment for the balance due.
- Gift Cards purchased online are delivered separately from other purchases.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to hold any order for a security review. If your order is affected, you will be notified via email within two business days.
- To obtain your Gift Card balance call toll-free at 1-800-295-3029 or 1-888-PAPER-11.
- Gift Cards will not be redeemed if the card number is invalid or cannot be identified within Barnes & Noble and Paper Source systems.
- We reserve the right to restrict the redemption of more than $1,000 in Gift Card balances by one person in any 30-day period.
- Barnes & Noble Marketing Services LLC ("MSL" or "we") is the issuer of all Gift Cards and is the sole obligor to cardholders; provided that Paper Source Marketing Services LLC ("PSL") is the issuer of all Paper Source branded Gift Cards issued prior to November 3, 2022 and is the sole obligor to the cardholders of such Paper Source branded Gift Cards. Neither Barnes & Noble nor Paper Source is the card issuer or obligor. Each of MSL and PSL is organized and domiciled in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the purchase and sale of Gift Cards issued by either MSL or PSL shall be deemed to be in Virginia and shall be subject to the laws and regulations of Virginia.
- Except to the extent prohibited by law, MSL reserves the right to change the terms of this Gift Card program at any time or to contract with another party to administer this program.
- In the event that the Gift Card system may become temporarily inoperative, you may be unable to obtain information about the balance on your Gift Card and Gift Card transactions, or use your Gift Card to pay for purchases. Please notify us if you have any problems using your Gift Card. You agree that none of Barnes & Noble, Paper Source, MSL and any of their affiliates is responsible for any interruption of service or the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased by you with your Gift Card or that the Gift Card will be free from any errors or other defects.
- MSL may assign this agreement and the Gift Card Program without recourse at any time without notice. In the event of such assignment, MSL will cease to be the card issuer and obligor, and the assignee will become the sole obligor to cardholders. The waiver by MSL of any provision or violation of these terms and conditions will not operate or be construed as a modification of these terms and conditions or waiver of any other violation.
- You may be the holder of a B. Dalton gift card or a Barnes & Noble.com gift certificate. B. Dalton gift cards are redeemable at any Barnes & Noble or B. Dalton Bookseller store, or online at BN.com. Unlike other Gift Cards, Barnes & Noble.com gift certificates can only be used online at BN.com. To obtain your balance on a B. Dalton gift card or Barnes & Noble.com gift certificate, please call 1-800-THE-BOOK.
©2022 Barnes & Noble Marketing Services LLC.